Device MG-400 is designed for professional archaeological and geological research; for solving ecological problems – locating lost bore wells, underground containers, searching for underground and underwater pipe lines and other industrial and communal objects, humanitarian demining.
Main capabilities of MG-400:
- Speed and sensitivity – up to 10 measurements per second with resolution 0.1 nT.
- Additional features allowing for faster mapping and search – field map or graph are displayed on the screen in real time without need for computer.
- Ability for consequent processing with software “Radius” (included) or “Surfer” (not included).
|Distance between sensors||900 mm|
|Operating range||+- 25000 nT|
|Resolution of data storage||0.1 nT|
|Frequency of measurements:|
|Display refresh rate||10 times per second|
|Electric consumption:||110mA without backlighting
150 mA with max backlighting
|Data storage period||10 years at 25 C temperature|
|Grid (square side length)||10, 20, 40, 80 meters|
|Power Source||4 Type D rechargeable batteries with 10 000 mAh|
|Operational battery time||90 hours (60 hours with max backlighting)|
|Full recharge time||10-12 hours|
|Operational temperature||from -20 to +50 C|
|Weight with batteries||5.3 kg|
|Recharge plug:||800mA 12 V DC. Can charge with automobile adapter.|
MG-400 in Archaeology
Traditionally magnetometers are used for locating and mapping ancient foundations, burials, hearths, covered trenches, underground structures and other objects.
Special features of MG-400 during archaeological research
- MG-400 combines high resolution (0.1 nT) with high speed of measurement (2,5,8,10 times per second). High speed of high resolution data acquisition allows for more detailed studying of the area.
- Instant output of the map onto the display screen during surveying increases the efficiency of search without the need for computer processing.
- Used software “Radius” (included) and “Surfer” (not included) create color 2D and 3D maps, gray scale, shadow, and relief maps.
- Graphic information shown on display can be successful aid for educational purposes due to its visual aspect.
MG-400 in Geology
Geological organizations can use MG-400 when conducting micro magnetic research, during geology-engineering surveying, profiling for quantitative interpretation and other types of research.
- MG-400 can be used during magnetic prospecting of various scale. Frequency of measurements (2 to 10 times per second) allows to register even the smallest variations in magnetic field gradient and produces very detailed geological data. Internal memory of the device stores 125000 field measurements tied to coordinates and time.
- During geological prospecting quick and inexpensive micro magnetic research allows to map the differences in rocks; trace under a layer of soft soil specific geological objects (rocks of certain structure, veins, borders of rocks, cracks only a few dozen of centimeters in size) and lower the volume of rock excavation – trenches and wells.
- Real time data output on display allows to see the character of magnetic field during prospecting. These graphs can also be helpful for quantitative interpretation.
- Magnetic field during territory mapping mode is shown on display as a “gray scale” map. Gradient intensity has a very wide range and in order to be able to see on the map both high and low amplitude anomalies a special feature breaks all the data into a multitude of maps with various ranges of intensity. All this can be done at a push of a button. For example one can quickly look through the maps with amplitudes from 0 to 5 nT, ….., from 0 to 1250 nT. And every map has 17 levels of tinting. This technology allows to see on the map anomalies from first nT to thousands nT.
- All information recorded by MG-400 can be transferred to a computer. It can further be processed with provided software “Radius”, which allows to get shadow maps and isoline maps. Processing data with American system “Surfer” allows to realize all features provided by this software.
- Real time display of graphs and maps is valuable while educating students – geologists and geophysicists.
MG-400 in Ecology
During ecological prospecting the following goals are usually solved:
- Search for underground objects that are dangerous for environment – containers for storing hydrocarbons and chemicals.
- Search for bore wells with lost coordinates
- Precise locating of underground oil, gas, and other pipelines.
MG-400 and humanitarian demining
MG-400 combines high resolution and speed of data acquisition. It allows to locate even the smallest iron objects and find massive objects at the depths of several meters. At the same time, showing the graph and map of the magnetic field on display in real time gives MG-400 a unique advantage allowing the operator to see the location of the objects without wasting time on computer processing of the data.
All information recorded on MG-400 can be loaded onto computer. It can be later processed with provided software “Radius” or software “Surfer” (not included).